Does your home or business smell musty or earthy? You could be experiencing a mold problem.
Mold Damage Restoration in Idaho falls
If you believe mold has taken hold of your home or property, you need a professional mold restoration company to stop the problem before things get a lot worse. Here is what you need to know about mold, mold remediation and the importance of a professional response.
Mold can wreak havoc in your home and property if allowed to spread unchecked. Not only can it cause property damage and damage to storage, but moldy musty locations can have negative effects on your health as well.
If you have noticed a musty of earthy smell coming from somewhere within your home or business, you could be experiencing a mold problem. Mold can grow anywhere once there is sufficient moisture to initiate germination of microscopic spores that can be found on all surfaces.
In homes, mold can grow on drywall, insulation, carpets, windows tills and woodwork. Mold can be especially dangerous to human health if those mold spores are inhaled in high quantities. Prolonged exposure to moldy conditions can result in nerve damage, brain damage, pulmonary edema, hay fever and more.
A professional Mold Restoration Company has the skills, equipment and experience to effectively control the mold and restore the specific location.
WHAT CAUSES MOLD GROWTH?
Mold only needs a small amount of moisture to support the growth and expansion of a large colony. This moisture can come from flooding, pipe leaks, poor ventilation, malfunctioning air conditioners, improperly sealed surfaces and many other irregularities that allow water to pass where it should not be.
If sufficient water is added to the right spot, it will take a professional mold remediation company to ensure that the danger to home and health has been properly eliminated.
Our Mold Removal Process
1. Find the Mold
2. Extract All Presence of Water and Moisture
3. Remove All Infected Building Material
4. HVAC System Treatment
5. Entire-Building Mold Disinfecting
6. Repair & Restore
Places Where Mold is Commonly Found
A professional remediation service will know exactly where mold colonies are likely to form.
Here are some of the most common places to look:
- Behind Drywall
- Underneath carpet
- Ceiling tiles
- Other hidden surfaces
HOW IS MOLD REMOVED?
There are important procedures and methods of mold removal that must be carried out by trained professionals from a certified Mold Remediation to be fully-effective.
The first step is a thorough cleaning and drying the affected area and applying proper disinfectants and cleaning agents to lift and remove as much of the mold as possible. After this the dry surface will be thoroughly vacuumed with a special HEPA-filtered vacuum to ensure the last vestiges of the moldy menace are effectively removed.
Mold spreads very quickly due to the airborne spores that can be scattered far and wide. If you see mold in your home this is typically a sign of a much larger mold presence. It is important to take action to prevent the spread of mold
Benefits of Hiring A Professional Mold Removal Service
- Thorough Cleaning — sure sufficient struggling and scrubbing may work, but considering the importance of this job, it’s best left to the professionals.
- Stop the Spread — a mold cleanup must be done right to eliminate the presence of mold and not just scatter it across the home.
- Discover the Source — The visible mold is only the tip of a proverbial iceberg. There are always many more colonies and a mother colony that started it all. A professional mold service will find the mold at the source and eliminate the threat.
- Sanitation — professional cleaners will ensure that the mold is completely gone from the property and that there is no further health risk.